[Ambassadors] Q4 (December - February) Ambassadors budget

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Thu Nov 13 13:19:06 UTC 2008

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008, Hector Alfonso Gonzalez Ramirez wrote:

> Well, I´m a LATAM ambassador (Coahuila, Mexico to be exact), and I´ve
> been promoting Fedora on my own resources (Its really not that
> expensive, so I dont really care about a refund) by means of an
> on-campus newspaper, my radio program, my blog, distributing free
> fedora dvds, performing dual-boot installations (many students dont
> wanna get rid of windows just yet.) and distributing a power point
> presentation with any usb stick the university gives away; tough we do
> need to have some one to managa resources, I propose Juan from
> Monterrey as I believe he´s one of the leading ambassadors for the
> region; As for events, we need to organize ourselves, Ill try and do a
> Fedora 10 release party (minimun, 20 ppl max).

Thank you for everything that you do to support Fedora in Mexico.

In terms of LATAM coordination, I highly encourage you to get in touch
with Rodrigo in Brazil.  The funds and budget that we have for Fedora in
LATAM go through him, and I'm sure he will be more than happy to help
you get resources.

I've cc'd him on this message.

--Max