[Ambassadors] How do you enforce someone to work on something?

Yuan Yijun bbbush.yuan at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 09:30:19 UTC 2008

Hi,

As title, suppose an ambassador wants to do something, and he or she
finds me, but I cannot tell because I don't know what he or she can
do, how much time this guy can afford to contribute, how much money,
etc. I can only tell them, do whatever you want, make yourself happy
with Fedora. This helps, because I am doing the same thing, and I know
one can find enjoyable things in a lot of activities. It does not help
us to increase capacity and ability though. We don't have an idea of
who "we" are, what "we" have, what "we" should or can do.

We are some ambassadors, are setting up a website, we can enforce the
working group members to work on the website, at least in the lifetime
of this working group (3mo to January). How can FP or FAmSCo help us?
How can we ask the other Chinese ambassadors to work with us? To ask
or answer those questions, does it matter who we are?

Well, if ambassadors is only about local events, then I am posting to
a wrong list.

Actually my problem is I do think there can be multiple online groups
who represents Chinese users, and we are a small fraction of them. Can
FP/FAmSCo allow this by treating different groups equally? Then I can
request for help from FP, on behalf of my group, without worry that FP
will ignore the others, or vice versa. I want to know the policy, even
when I cannot prove anything to FP/FAmSCo (how can I say such a loose
organization worth help?..)

Finally, what is the suggested organization of ambassadors? Susmit
mentioned coordinator which is new to me. What resource does a
coordinator have, and how it works? How to you train your new
ambassadors, or assign jobs, where can I find live samples, if not on
this list?

Thank you.

--
bbbush ^_^