[Ambassadors] How do you enforce someone to work on something?

susmit shannigrahi thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 02:43:25 UTC 2008

> Joerg, Chitlesh, Francesco, Susmit,
>

> Thank you all.

Thanks.

> I think my email is so vague because I am so confused on the
> Ambassador thing. But your lengthy emails have told me what you care
> most. Thank you again.

> Also Chitlesh proposed a very good idea that if we do not have another
> work group but rely on Infrastructure team, we can benefit a lot.
>is it feasible to ask
> Infrastructure team to help a local activity?

Yes it is feasible to ask for help. But this depends on various issues.
I happen to work with them, please let me know (on list) what do you
need from infrastructure, and I shall take it to the team, You may
also stop by #fedora-admin and ask yourself. :)

> BTW, I wonder how India community got so many Ambassadors, not many
> people in China can pass the CLA step and they have complained a lot
> to me. Maybe they are too easy to get bored, too impatient, while the
> rules are rather complex. I think it will help if all steps are
> localized and accompanied with graph or magic wizards...

Just in case you haven't see this.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/AccountSystem

In India, Ambassadors are mostly students or were students when they
started contributing.
Some have attended some events and loved it. Some came on their own,
some was against any linux thing, but was forced to do their project
work on that, and they fell in love :)
So everything combined and with a constant effort to raise the
community, this is how it happened.

> As Francesco said, "moreover you are asking what FAmSCo could do for
> you". Now I wish to know how you organize ambassadors country-wise, or
> no such thing at all. Should individual ambassadors contact FAmSCo
> directly or not, or is there some one to represent his country?

No such thing, there is no single point of contact. Everyone has equal
access to all Fedora resources including access to FamSco.

Susmit.

ssh
0x86DD170A