[Ambassadors] How do you enforce someone to work on something?

Francesco Ugolini fugolini at fedoraproject.org
Mon Nov 17 14:35:21 UTC 2008

2008/11/17 Yuan Yijun <bbbush.yuan at gmail.com>:

> Should individual ambassadors contact FAmSCo
> directly or not, or is there some one to represent his country? If
> there is, then this guy may enforce the others because this guy
> controls resource. I ask mainly because I want to know how Ambassador
> system work, partly because I do not want to report to such a person
> without a good reason.

1. FAmSCo is an elected body by all the Ambassadors, like you and me.
Every 2 releases we hold an election where all ambassadors could
nominate themselves and run for it. See
fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/SteeringCommittee

2. If you need resources in order to set up an event you should visit
fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents. Actually event budget is managed
by FAmSCo, you could try to contact your local contacts (if you are in
APAC you should take in consideration to get in touch with susmit,
sankarshan, kushal) and ask for support. BTW, I suggest when you have
to do such things and you are unsure what's the best way to write an
email here.

3. If you need help/support you may ask here, get in touch with local
contacts or write FAmSCo trough famsco at fedoraproject.org

We are an open community with open processes, and, like I said
yesterday, we are all important bricks of Fedora stucture.

I hope to answered you questions

Best regards

Francesco Ugolini