[Ambassadors] Release Events - KML file

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Tue Nov 25 13:10:22 UTC 2008

> Am Sonntag, den 23.11.2008, 23:37 +0530 schrieb susmit shannigrahi:
>
>> What a coincidence, I just made this today morning. :)
>> But mine is for tracking ambassadors
>> http://susmit.fedorapeople.org/ambasadors_map_concept/ambassadors_map.html
>
> Are you aware of the fact that there already is an ambassadors map at
> frappr?
> See http://www.frappr.com/fedoraambassadors/map
> as well as:
>       * http://www.frappr.com/fedoracoreusers/map
>       * http://www.frappr.com/fedorausersanddevelopers/map
>       * http://www.frappr.com/fedoradev/map
>       * http://www.frappr.com/fedoraforumorg/map
>       * http://www.frappr.com/fedora-ve/map
>       * http://www.frappr.com/fedora-latino/map
>       * http://www.frappr.com/fedoraforum
>
> I don't say there is no room for further improvements, I just wanted to
> make sure that nobody tries to invent the wheel twice.

https://fedorahosted.org/shomyu/wiki/AboutShomyu
See the "Motivation" paragraph

How can we be credible when we defend "FOSS and only FOSS" (like Fedora
is) if we can't apply our speech to ourselves ?

If we wan't to promote FOSS, we must use only FOSS and "reinvent the
wheel" when no FOSS alternative exist.

The Art team has set as a rule to use FOSS only for creating the Fedora
artwork. It shouldn't be different for other teams (and Ambassadors *is*
one of those teams)

Regards,

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha)
French Fedora Ambassador