[Ambassadors] Fedora Ambassadors Welcome

JoergSimon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Tue Nov 25 13:23:58 UTC 2008

Am Dienstag, 25. November 2008 12:15:11 schrieb Christoph Wickert:
> Site note: 5 out of 6 Ambassadors without valid contact information are
> from India. Does anybody have an explanation for that?

Yes we know about this. Since a few days i introduce new Ambassadors from asia to susmit, kushal or rahul as their mentors.

As i have pointed out at FAD2008, only 20% of all Applicants do the imperative Steps to become sponsored. But this 20% do the steps mostly within the next 48 hours.
We changed the "Instruction-Email" recently, with a note to the Wiki Template. Today i have added - "valid contact information" as a requirement for the Wikipage. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/MembershipService#Membership_Check_.28Draft.29

I think the new Approval Process evolves fine, but to struggle with to much formalism can discourage some potential contributors. The Ambassador-Membership-Administration Team definetly work on a a good balance between information-overhead, quality, simplicity, bureaucracy and mentoring to encourage motivated new contributors and to avoid that we work to much with ourselves instead of spreading the word. Thanks Christoph for this valuable proposal.

CU Joerg

--
Joerg (kital) Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
http://kitall.blogspot.com
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688