[Ambassadors] Fedora Ambassadors Welcome

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 25 17:25:40 UTC 2008

Am Dienstag, den 25.11.2008, 14:23 +0100 schrieb JoergSimon:
> Am Dienstag, 25. November 2008 12:15:11 schrieb Christoph Wickert:
>
> > Site note: 5 out of 6 Ambassadors without valid contact information
> are
>
> > from India. Does anybody have an explanation for that?
>
> Yes we know about this. Since a few days i introduce new Ambassadors
> from asia to susmit, kushal or rahul as their mentors.
>
> As i have pointed out at FAD2008, only 20% of all Applicants do the
> imperative Steps to become sponsored. But this 20% do the steps mostly
> within the next 48 hours.
>
> We changed the "Instruction-Email" recently, with a note to the Wiki
> Template. Today i have added - "valid contact information" as a
> requirement for the Wikipage.
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/MembershipService#Membership_Check_.28Draft.29

Thanks, I hope that together with the new userpage template everybody
should be smart enough to give the required information. Nevertheless
even the old homepage template had an email field and even so people did
not use it. So it's obviously something that needs to be checked by the
membership administration team. Not sure how much overhead this adds for
you and if it can be automated though.

> I think the new Approval Process evolves fine, but to struggle with to
> much formalism can discourage some potential contributors. The
> Ambassador-Membership-Administration Team definetly work on a a good
> balance between information-overhead, quality, simplicity, bureaucracy
> and mentoring to encourage motivated new contributors and to avoid
> that we work to much with ourselves instead of spreading the word.
> Thanks Christoph for this valuable proposal.

Actually it wasn't a proposal and I doubt it was that valuable ;) As I
told you when we sat together for lunch at FAD I recently had problems
contacting one of our ambassadors, so now I take this issue more
seriously. And I will continue with that and nag people if there is
information missing. :)

> CU Joerg

Regards,
Christoph