[Ambassadors] Fedora Ambassador

JoergSimon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Tue Nov 25 17:52:12 UTC 2008

Hi charles,

Am Dienstag, 25. November 2008 16:52:34 schrieb Charles Peng:
> If you have any suggestions, please kindly tell me, Fedora 10 brings us a
> lot of latest Linux features, how can I introduce them to have a try,
> except introducing it in my own blog?
> I'm new to Fedora (and I didn't major in computer, Linux or IT), how and
> what do you think I can do to help build a Chinese fedora community?

thanks for your quick reply. One main reasons to ask you, was the very good
visibility of your contributions to the rest of the world and your good
communication with us all. I was chatting with Paul today about local
leadership and he mentioned your name as a potential mentor. As you can see
on https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:AmbassadorsChina your team has a
visible headcount. We want to help the chinese community to put you all in
the position to gain bigger influence in your Country.

In my opinion, a way to start is, be a mentor for new Contributors, you can
guide them from the beginning, into the relations of the fedora Project, tell
them the goals of fedora and the chinese fedora community, help them with the
wiki, help them to find their ways in contributing to fedora etc.
Me for myself i will send Chinese Contributors to you - or to someone you
suggest, who can/will do this job in your Region.

Another part is team building - know who is the right person to do the job.
Gather you local fellows for an irc meeting. Set a Agenda with several goals -
only a few examples:
- important event(s), where more then one contributor should be present
(organize "big" participation of Fedora at least one main event)
- localized chinese SPINS (we can help you)
- localization Marathons
- talks at universities
- producing low cost SWAG within your region - (i will help in organizing the
money)
- organizing a Fedora Acitivity Day (FAD) or to avoid travelling a virtual FAD
- how mentoring for new chinese Contributors can be done
- last but not a least - how can you spread fedora to become more User Base ->
Contributor Base ...

Do you think this can be a start?

Regards Joerg

--
Joerg (kital) Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
http://kitall.blogspot.com
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688