Status of Chinese Fedora community (was: Re: [Ambassadors] Fedora Ambassador)

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 13:11:02 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 11:30:39AM +0100, JoergSimon wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 26. November 2008 10:34:53 schrieb Harish Pillay:
> > Can I get a sense of how the Fedora community is in terms of numbers in the
> > greater China region - Mainland, HK, Taiwan and even Macau?
>
> I can not answer this question from my perspective. We have made some
> suggestions how you can proceed and that we are willing to help. You are a
> Fedora Contributor from that Region, how would you answer that question?
> Regional Requirements are something that you must find out in colaboration
> with your local Fellows.

Hi all,

For those who don't know him already, Harish Pillay is something of a
counterpart to Max Spevack for the APAC region.  At last report he is
not assigned 100% to community architecture duties, but a significant
portion of his time is spent on them.  (If that's changed Harish, my
apologies and please correct me!)

Harish is very much interested in helping cultivate and grow the APAC
community, including China, Japan, Micronesia, and elsewhere
throughout the region.  He participates weekly in the Community
Architecture meetings and is a vital part of the team.

APAC is a big place, so the more that the local teams can give a sense
of their community size and energy, the easier it gets to figure them
into our planning.  I'm sure that some of our contributors there, like
Yuan and Charles, can help make these sorts of estimates.