[Ambassadors] Thoughts on future FADNA gatherings

Larry Cafiero larry.cafiero at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 20:07:44 UTC 2008

Hi, John --

While I would like to attend FADNA at SELF, it is unlikely I will thanks to
geographic limitations. The fastest Amtrak goes from sea-to-shining-sea is
52 hours; no, I don't fly, with or without the help of aircraft.

I tend to be split on the issue of "how" -- having it in conjunction with
another event (like SELF or OLF) could create exposure for Fedora and may be
a good segue in introducing (new) folks at these events to Fedora. That
would be my first choice, I think. On the other hand, I think having a FADNA
independent of a fest or FUDcon would also lend more importance to the event
for ambassadors who might want their own "fest."

One of the overall considerations I'd ask everyone to think about is
geography. I don't have numbers of where everyone is, and I know there has
been discussion about location on the IRC channel and in the NA ambassadors'
meetings, but if we could either find locations that are more friendly to
those of us in the West -- or, in the alternative, if FADNAs go back and
forth from East to West every year -- that would more than likely allow me
to attend (at least those closer to me).

Thanks.

Larry Cafiero