[Ambassadors] FAmSCo Nominations

Fabian Affolter fab at fedoraproject.org
Sun Nov 30 20:55:02 UTC 2008

JoergSimon wrote:
> For his great performance as FAmSCo Vice-Chair, his perfect work on all our
> common events, his support in the Ambassador Administrator Team and many more
> i nominate Fabian and would be happy to see him as the new FAmSCo Chair.

I really appreciate the nomination but I will not re-run for FAmSCo this
time.  So far I count 10 nominations for FAmSCo for the next period.
I'm glad to see that.  There are several people from EMEA and I think
that there is no need for another from this region.

The reasons why I did not nominate myself are versatile.  My final year
at the university has started some weeks ago.  Next year I will have two
larger projects as a preparation for the bachelor thesis and the diploma
thesis itself.  It will become harder for me to participate regularly at
meeting because there is either a conflict with my day job or my
lessons.  The time is my largest problem.  Fixed hours are non practical
for me.  So I will focus on stuff inside the Fedora Project which is
time independent.

Personally I would like to see new faces in FAmSCo with new energy and
targets.  A mixture of guys from the 'old' guard and newbies would be a
very good way to go for FAmSCo in 2009.

Fabian
--
Fingerprint: 2F6C 930F D3C4 7E38 6AFA 4EB4 E23C D2DD 36A4 397F

Fedora always leads and never follows.