[Ambassadors] fact gathering from other groups

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Oct 3 13:46:09 UTC 2008

        Lengthy discussion regarding recruiting new contributors for
        Fedora. Out of this discussion a suggestion was made to invite
        members of the various projects within Fedora to briefly discuss
        their project as well as what there current needs are in the
        realm of new contributors to the Fedora Ambassadors so we can
        better understand what they do and how to help them. Next week a
        member of the Art Team will be invited.

Clint and I were discussing this the other day in light of the quality
of the wiki/Join page.  Historically, Mo and I were envisioning that
work as a step in the process to a "Join tool", a kind of wizard to take
people through joining the project as a participant.

In meeting with these groups, if we do two things with that (overview of
what their project does/how they do it; and how to join), we have
something that we can teach to Ambassadors so they can talk about the
various projects (becomes part of our own Joining/learning process).  It
also gives us a nice record of the join process for _everyone_.

If we can find some programming resources to start on a join wizard,
knowing what each group needs to join is a great fact gathering for
that, without over-committing Ambassadors to "own the new Join tool".

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, Community Gardener
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org