[Ambassadors] fact gathering from other groups

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 17:18:32 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 8:50 AM, Francesco Ugolini
<fugolini at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> 2008/10/3 Karsten 'quaid' Wade <kwade at redhat.com>:
>
>> In meeting with these groups, if we do two things with that (overview of
>> what their project does/how they do it; and how to join), we have
>> something that we can teach to Ambassadors so they can talk about the
>> various projects (becomes part of our own Joining/learning process).  It
>> also gives us a nice record of the join process for _everyone_.
>
> Yes, that could be helpful.
>
>> If we can find some programming resources to start on a join wizard,
>> knowing what each group needs to join is a great fact gathering for
>> that, without over-committing Ambassadors to "own the new Join tool".
>
> I, personally, agree with this idea. I think if we create a easy to
> understand tool, it could help people figuring out where and what they
> can do.

While it's great to desire programming resources to complete this
task, I think we could actually design and build much of what we need
without a programmer.  Essentially, we need to figure out the flow,
mock up some web pages and then develop the project.  It would be nice
to have the developer up front, but it isn't necessary if we have a
well defined plan as to how the project should look and feel.

I'd suggest even that we start discussing the decision tree here in
this email to find out what direction we think future contributors
might take and what the best approach would be to this structure.
Also, it would be good to spend some research time asking people who
are new to the project why they joined and what they'd like to see to
make it easier to get involved.

I'm guessing some of this research has already commenced/completed.
However, I do not have any knowledge. of these resources, please share
:)

Cheers,

Clint