[Ambassadors] Problem with Yum

Pierre-Yves pingou at pingoured.fr
Wed Oct 8 11:23:11 UTC 2008

Rishikesh Sharma wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am not sure whether this is the right place to inform this yum problem.
> But I want to highlight the issue regarding Fedora yum. Everything was
> working fine before i update my system. After updating my system just 10
> minutes (Oct 8, 4:14 IST) ago, i am not able to install xmms-mp3 for Fedora.
> I have attached a screenshot for the problem. Please rectify this on
> priority.

Hi,

This list is definitely not the right place for this kind of question:
http://bugzilla.redhat.com ;).

Regarding your problem, it has nothing to do with yum:
xmms-mp3 is from Livna
it requires xmms-lib of version 1.2.10
You have installed xmms-lib from the official fedora repositories and
thus you have the version 1.2.11

The problem comes from Livna, not Yum neither Fedora.

Finally, your printscreen did not need to be so big, the combination of
alt+print screen would have taken only the terminal which was more than
enough... You could also have just past the code into a text file...

Best regards,

Pierre