[Ambassadors] Fedora 10 hackfest in Greece

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Wed Oct 8 22:47:14 UTC 2008

Hi Ambassadors.

This is a heads-up for a Fedora event which will take place this weekend.

On the weekend of 11 and 12 of October, the Greek Fedora team will be
having a workshop in Patras, Greece, for the upcoming release of
Fedora 10. The weekend will be devoted to coding, testing,
documenting, translating, marketing etc for the November release. The
goal of the event is: "Get stuff done".

Depending on the people attending, the goals will be decided on the
spot, however, it's pretty certain we'll work on testing Fedora 10 on
OLPC, Greek and Brazilian Portuguese translations for Fedora 10, and
organization of Fedora's presence at Athens Digital Week.

The hackfest will begin on Saturday, 9am and end on Sunday 7pm. Pizzas
and drinks will be generally available. Anyone who'd like to
participate online will find us on #fedora-el on Freenode. Saturday
evening we'll go to a remote village to eat fresh steaks.
Accommodation for Saturday night is available to anyone who might need
it.

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos