[Ambassadors] fedora event in nigeria

Francesco Ugolini fugolini at fedoraproject.org
Thu Oct 9 14:47:31 UTC 2008

2008/10/9 Adewunmi Adebolatan <aaadewunmi at yahoo.com>:
> I am planning on holding an awareness program on fedora open source utilization and its benefits compared to proprietory software. the awareness program will be targeted at ICT-inclined undergraduate and postgraduate students in the Lagos State University.
>
> Undergraduates are the future ICT decision formulators.
>
> I presently work n the Lagos State University, ICT Center as a Network Administrator. All our servers run on open-source platform.
>
> I need to know how to get funding for the materials e.g. live CDs and DVDs and other promotional kits that I will be using for the event.
>
> Adebolatan Adewunmi; B.sc,CCNP,MCP

Ok, first of all in order to be qualified to get resources you have to
hold your event in Q4 (December - February) or later, just because Q3
(September - November) was closed on August.

After you have to add your event in
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents so that we can take care of
your request. It's highly suggested to create your own event page with
all the details, and how much are you asking.

After those passages you have to wait the beginning of Q4, if you are
planning your event in that quarter, to see IF and How Much FAmSCo
would able to give you (it depends on the quantity of events and the
amount of the request).

That's all the process, I hope everything is clear.

I want to thank you for holding this event in Africa, it's really
important to be present everywhere and guarantee a global coverage. I
hope we could help you in that process.

Best regards

Francesco Ugolini