[Ambassadors] FAmSCo Meeting - IRC Log 2008-10-22

Fabian Affolter fab at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 22 20:14:22 UTC 2008

HTML version of the log is here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/SteeringCommittee/Meetings/2008-10-22

Raw log is here:

<fugolini> Ok, here we are.
<fugolini> Call roll please:
<fugolini> FrancescoUgolini
<spevack> Max Spevack
<fabian_a> FabianAffolter
<MrTom> ThomasCanniot
<fugolini> Great!
<fugolini> Actually I can't access the list archive page (i have to
search my pswd), BTW, this is our agenda:
<fugolini> 1. Budget
<fugolini> 2. Release Events status
<fugolini> 3. Membership status
<fugolini> 4. t.b.d.
<spevack> Budget!
<fugolini> spevack:
<spevack> I've done quite a bit of budget work over the past few days
<spevack> FUDCon is about 90% paid for
<spevack> As far as ambassadors in different parts of the world go:
<spevack> North America is almost up to date -- the Ohio Linux Fest
receipts are still coming
<spevack> In India, things are in order, more or less.
<spevack> APAC folks are getting their money.
<spevack> In EMEA, I actually need info from fabian_a and MrTom -- I
need your receipts from events, especially yours MrTom, I want to make
sure Fedora-fr gets the money that it needs.
<MrTom> !
<spevack> fabian_a: i know you have some costs from OpenExpo, which I
can give you the money for.
<fugolini> MrTom:
<spevack> yeah, go ahead MrTom
<MrTom> we are actively working on F10 install Fest, and I think we will
go a bit further from the $500 first discussed budget.
<MrTom> but as we did not used the $1000 for the others past event, I
hope this is doable. I wanted to ask fasmco about this.
<MrTom> eof
<spevack> MrTom: in the original budget, I set aside 1000 EUR for for
whatever Fedora-fr needs.
<MrTom> !
<spevack> So if you give me the bank information for where that money
needs to go, I will get it to you
<spevack> go ahead
<MrTom> it was even $1500 with 3 events linked to them.
<spevack> 1000 EUR is about $1500 USD
<spevack> at least, it was when we made the budget :)
<spevack> so yeah, $1500, whatever that is in EUR
<MrTom> However, we must take into account that some day, the Tunisian
boy will wake up and ask for financing. I still can't have them
communicate in official channels about their projects unfortunately.
<spevack> well, when he wakes up, we'll deal with it then :)
<spevack> for the moment, you are the one who is here, and I don't want
Fedora-fr to feel forgotten
<MrTom> sorry I did not see you were talking in EUR and not USD :) I'm
quite happy the EUR is devaluating a bit at the moment :)
<spevack> me too :)
<spevack> according to google, $1500 USD = 1170 EUR
<MrTom> I don't feel forgotten and I know we can count on your precious
suport
<spevack> MrTom: can you send me the bank account information?
<spevack> So I can pay Fedora-fr?
<MrTom> we are going to finance french live cd for our next 6 months F10
related events for example
<MrTom> yep i'll do it spevack
<spevack> MrTom: perfect.  Live CD is a good use of money also
<spevack> i agree.
<spevack> fabian_a: i also don't want your costs from OpenExpo to be
forgotten :)
<MrTom> we will also strongly communicate and aske attendees about
having branded fedora usb key with a fedora preload on it
<fabian_a> spevack: i will send you the summary soon
<spevack> ok, that's all for budget.  I have not started looking at the
December - February budget yet, but I will send a reminder to
Ambassadors list to get their events on the page.
<spevack> fabian_a: no problem.
<spevack> ok, that's all I have for budget, fugolini
<fugolini> spevack: thank you for what you have reported
<fugolini> it's impressive to see what you have just done and what you
are doing
<fugolini> I hope to give more details on the activities I take care of
(see Release Events)
<fugolini> To all the meeting attendees: have you questions regard this
topic?
<spevack> fugolini: sounds good.  Unlike this time last quarter, when I
was very worried about budget, I think we are in very nice shape this
quarter.  It is a good feeling!
<spevack> EOF
<fugolini> spevack: yes, i agree with you
<fugolini> Ok, move on!
<fugolini> 2. Release Events status
<fugolini> I have few announcements regarding this topic:
<fugolini> 1. I have received the ok to use the logo for the Release
Event map
<fugolini> it's a really stupid thing but it's part of the marketing
<fugolini> 2. I send an email to the list asking Release Events owner
and attendees to
<fugolini> tell us about the problem they are facing in the organization
etc.
<fugolini> 3. I'll send an email next thusday asking to have a
confimation of the events, just to better know the place and the date
<fugolini> to start writing about event in FWN, Fedora Magazine, maybe
in Fedora Announce (i need someone who is responsible for this)
<fugolini> and absolutely to start promoting this event. We have cool
flyers with solar theme
<fugolini> and ... I think that's all for now
<fugolini> Any question?
<spevack> sounds good to me
<spevack> thank you for all your hard work on the release events
<fabian_a> +1
<MrTom> ok for me
<ianweller> vwbusguy-: high school junior
<fugolini> spevack: the hard work was done by all the contibutors
<fugolini> who are making it happens
<vwbusguy-> ianweller, ah, k
<spevack> ianweller: you'd better apply next year
<fugolini> ok, next topic:
<fugolini> 3. Membership status
<fugolini> As you can see we are experiencing the benefit of Ambassadors
Policy updates
<fugolini> During the last weeks Joerg with the help of fabian_a keep
the sponsoring process up to date
<fugolini> and that make me really happy.
<fugolini> We need people who are able to handle this job, and
personally I have to say Thanks! to all the active Membership Administrators
<spevack> the work that joerg has been doing is excellent
<fugolini> spevack: +1
<spevack> and thanks to fabian_a for helping out
<fugolini> So, if nobody as something to say, we could be able to
adjourn the meeting to next week
<fugolini> Once again I'm sorry not to be able to attend the last
meeting, but I simply didn't hear the alarm
<fugolini> clock
<spevack> it's no probem francesco
<fugolini> Ok, so we can adjourn the meeting

--
Fingerprint: 2F6C 930F D3C4 7E38 6AFA 4EB4 E23C D2DD 36A4 397F

Fedora always leads and never follows.