[Ambassadors] About Fedora Forum

Neville A. Cross nacross at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 17:45:05 UTC 2008

2008/10/29 Randika Rathugama <randika at randika.com>:

> Think about the number of people who starts using fedora, from the
> installation process itself they need some help most of the times. while
> they google for solutions if they can't find out a forum from the official
> fedora project, to ask their questions, it seems like a problem for me.
> anyway its my personal opinion. let's wait for others too.

If getting a official forum get started, I would suggest more
restrictive release tags. One thing that made my experience less
useful in the fedoraforum.org is reviewing if the solution offered in
older posts are still good with new versions. Most time they do, but
some time you get hints to obsolete packages or work around of fixed
bugs.

In the other hand, creating a new forum is a commitment, because at
some extend it will undermine fedoraforum.org We may be diluting
traffic and support efforts that may get disperse between the two
forums. So, my opinion, if it goes ahead it should be done seriusly
and not just like a test.

--
Neville
Linux User # 473217