[Ambassadors] About Fedora Forum

Juan Camilo Prada juankprada at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 03:23:32 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-29 at 13:10 -0700, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-10-29 at 19:12 +0100, Max Spevack wrote:
>
> +1 to all the good stuff I snipped. :)
>
> > Far better for the Fedora Project to continue to give fedoraforum our
> > blessing, and our offers for support and help if they need it.
>
> This in fact is something good to discuss here.

How about proposing something like a mixing-forces deal to integrate
forums and all other sources of information that are actually ours.

AFAIK there is some kind of restriction/patent/license with the forum
engine fedoraforum.org uses, and im not sure if a migration is actually
a possibility here, but pheraps making the forums integrate more with
the rest of the websites we currently have would make the whole fedora
community more united.

This issue was something I criticized on one of my blog posts, although
back then i was only talking about Fedora Project's site and not related
projects efforts.

Forums are a great source of information and the fact that we dont have
an official one which is actually ours kinda makes you think the project
isnt interested in sharing info with you (yeah i know whe have
docs.fp.org and all that stuff but still).

So perhaps working alongside with the ff.org guys maybe helping them
change their style sheet on the forums to make it look more fedoraish
styled and making it the official forums (being linked from fp.o)
wouldn't be too difficult and would actually be good for the project as
the community might look more integrated and not just some separate
efforts of different communities.

--
Juan Camilo Prada <jprada at fedoraproject.org>