[Ambassadors] NA Release Party Owners: F10 t-shirt proposal

David Nalley david at gnsa.us
Thu Oct 30 21:24:31 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 5:08 PM, Greg Dekoenigsberg <gdk at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Oct 2008, David Nalley wrote:
>
>> Clint and I were discussing some of the upcoming release issues and he
>> came up with the idea of having an F10 release shirt available.
>>
>> So I am announcing the proposal and 1) trying to gauge interest in the
>> proposal. and 2) Solicit input for the proposal.
>>
>> Clint, in conjunction with at least one member of the art team will be
>> working on the artwork.
>>
>> Feel free to continue this thread with ideas or just flood Clint on irc :)
>>
>> So are you interested in having t-shirts for release events?
>> If so, how would you have them look?
>
> Just sell them on cafepress?
>
> --g

We plan on pushing the design to spreadshirt perhaps as part of the
opening of the NA store sig if we can get some of the other issues
that Jeffrey is researching worked out.
The problem is cafepress and spreadshirt make it 3x more expensive
than if we buy them. So the FADNA shirts which we got through
spreadshirt cost us $16 each - while the shirts we had produced in
relative bulk (75) for OLF cost around $6 each. So if the events
budget has to pay for shirts - 6 is more attractive than 16.