[Ambassadors] NA Ambassador IRC meeting

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 14:56:28 UTC 2008

2008/9/3 Matt McKenzie <lnxknight at gmail.com>:
> Hello fellow NA Ambassadors,
> I would like to discuss the possibility of changing the weekly IRC NA
> Ambassador meeting to another day.
> I was able to attend for a while recently, but that has changed now.
>
> I have started band practice, which is Tuesday nights, which runs right into
> the meeting time.  Practice is 7pm-9pm PST, the IRC meeting starts and 6pm
> PST and lasts until 7 or 8 depending, not to mention I get home at 5pm and
> still need to eat dinner before practice.  This is a community concert band,
> both my wife and I are in it.  I play French Horn and she plays Trombone.
>
> Pretty much any other day of the week would work for me, same time slot is
> OK (6pm PST, 9pm EST, 0100 UTC)
> I spoke with ke4qqq and he also liked the idea of Wednesday evenings (6pm
> Wednesday PST, 9pm Wednesday EST, 0100 Thursday UTC).
>
> I don't want to inconvenience anyone else, but I also don't want to miss
> these meetings.
> If we don't change the meeting time I won't be able to attend.
> So if any others would like (or wouldn't mind) and change in the time please
> let's discuss it.
>
> Again this is for the weekly North America IRC Ambassador meeting only.

Having been involved in meeting scheduling many times before I do have
some concerns about making changes like this. One thing is that there
will always be someone who the time doesn't work out well for, so
we'll likely get other requests for other times/days no matter what we
settle on. Worse, people have already made changes to their schedules
to accommodate the current time and changing it now means they need to
again make changes and with the expectation that it might well change
again in another month or two.

I'd suggest leaving it as is for some period of time, as the base
grows and more people want to actively participate in the meetings
revisit the time periodically (maybe on an annual or semi-annual basis
or something).

John