[Ambassadors] Hello everyone...

David Nalley david at gnsa.us
Thu Sep 4 01:25:25 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 8:47 PM, Leo Jackson <lajjr at yahoo.com> wrote:
> My name Leo Jackson from Scranton area in Pa. I always wanted to contribute in Fedora in any way possible. I have downloaded the disks and bought the disks from Linux store. I will be creating software and patches for fedora. I have MS in computer science, MS in Graphics and Animation, I own my own business where we have multi operating system on the computer and the main one used on systems is Linux "Fedora" we have several embedded and other projects going on. We will make available to all our programmers and the community. And to all the people using the system.
>
> Leo Albert Jackson Jr
> Owner Head Programmer
> LJ's Electronics and Software

Welcome Leo,

A couple of things, the North American Ambassadors meeting is every
Tuesday night at 9pm Eastern in #fedora-meeting on irc.freenode.net,
we'd love to have you come and join us.
Throughout the day and night a significant number of us hang out in
#fedora-mktg and #fedora-ambassadors on irc.freenode.net, and you are
welcome to hang out as well.
There are a couple of events coming up in the not too distant future
that are relatively soon. One is Ohio Linux Fest
(http://ohiolinux.org) on Oct 11 in Columbus, Ohio. That looks to be
about 7 hours away - and I mention it because we are having a Fedora
Ambassadors Day there.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAD/FADNA2008
Then Oct 19th is the Central Pennsylvania Open Source Conference -
Yaakov Nemoy is heading up that event, but it looks like we'll have
multiple Ambassadors there, so it should be a nice time to get out and
meet a few people.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents/CPOSC/2008

Finally - it's often a bit bewildering to join an F/LOSS project,
please don't hesitate to ask questions or seek help from us.

Thanks,

David Nalley