[Ambassadors] Fedora Ambassador

eugenejvr at gmail.com eugenejvr at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 10:51:40 UTC 2008

Good day all,

My name is Eugene I live in Polokwane, South Africa. I am sort of new to this game but I'm already in love with it... I can't get enough. At the moment I am contracted to the Department of Health and Social Development as a SysAdmin. I support 86 RHEL 4 servers and have the RHCE certification.

--For the "Ambassadors" Project--
I am planing to start a LUG over here. I already have a sponsor for the domain and for hosting. I have 4 other friend that is also very keen to get into it with me. Fedora is my distro of choice so obliviously I'll be promoting that lots and lots on the new LUG site. There is a big "Open Source" trend going on around here and every body wants to know about it. It's almost the same as when they first introduced "Brought Band Internet Access" in South Africa. I government circles this is even bigger. They do not have a clue what open source is but they want to implement it. So supplying information and about Fedora and Open source will be my main focus for now.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Eugenejvr
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/CountryList#SouthernAfrica

Regards,
Eugene