[Ambassadors] UTOSC 2008 Report

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 21:32:34 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-09-05 at 16:44 -0400, David Nalley wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 3:59 PM, Clint Savage <herlo1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Well, I know FUDCon Brno is going on right now, I hope everyone is
> > having fun over there. But I thought I'd better get this going before
> > I head out on the road again for a bunch of weeks.
> >
> > I've been a bit busy cleaning up after UTOSC 2008, but now that I'm
> > back in the swing of things, there were several blog posts.  A couple
> > were by me and a few by others to help give an overview of the
> > conference and its goings on.  Here's a quick list:
> >
> > A couple from me:
> > http://fedoratutorials.com/2008/08/29/utosc-2008-day-1/
> > http://fedoratutorials.com/2008/08/30/utosc-2008-day-2/
> >
> > A couple from Paul:
> > http://marilyn.frields.org:8080/~paul/wordpress/?p=1147
> > http://marilyn.frields.org:8080/~paul/wordpress/?p=1143
> >
> > >From others, possibly related to Fedora:
> > http://www.fozzilinymoo.org/Fozzolog/2008/08/utosc-day-1.html
> > http://testopia.blogspot.com/2008/09/utosc-2008.html
> > http://pyrous.net/blog/?p=14
> > http://blog.endpoint.com/2008/08/camps-presentation-at-utosc-2008.html
> >
> > We also have tons of pictures up on our flickr page:
> >
> > http://flickr.com/groups/utosc/pool/
> >
> > --
> >

> Wow- sounds like a great event.
> A few questions for you:
>
> How many people were at the conference?
> How much media was handed out?
> How many contributors did you garner (I know of at least one)?
> Any questions I should have asked but didn't?

AIUI, there were around 550+ registrants.  We handed out almost all the
media that we had, I would say around 100-150 discs total.  I know of at
least three people that I signed up who are skilled folks that have the
ability to make some immediate contributions.  I'm regularly in touch
with one of them now.  More would have been nice, but given the
demographics of the attendee I feel we did pretty well, especially deep
in Novell land! ;-)

--
Paul W. Frields