[Ambassadors] The Fedora-Red Hat Crisis

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Wed Sep 10 08:42:05 UTC 2008

> http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/3770216/The+Fedora-Red+Hat+Crisis.htm

This article explains exactly how I (and others) have been feeling about
this situation.

I find it especially hard for ambassadors (the ones not employed by
RedHat). We've been advertising Fedora as a transparent and open
community. A community where everyone could join in, take
responsibilities, help,...

This "incident" taught us that we were absolutely wrong. Fedora is just
another FOSS project, a technically very good Linux distribution, where
everyone is allowed to contribute code, but that's all.

I sincerely hope that I'm wrong, and that it was only a bad experience
that won't happen again.

Regards,

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha)
French Fedora Ambassador