[Ambassadors] Re: Event Report: University of South Carolina - School of Technology Support and Training Management

Larry Cafiero larry.cafiero at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 05:22:37 UTC 2008

2008/9/11 Karsten 'quaid' Wade <kwade at redhat.com> wrote:

> * Larry Cafiero is working with some folks on a Lindependence event in
> Oregon, so maybe that can coincide.

For those of you keeping score at home, Lindependence Portland is on
Oct. 25 in Beaverton. To my knowledge, Matt McKenzie (LinuxKnight) is
a Fedora ambassador in Portland who is in contact with David Kaplan,
the organizer of the event. If John Poelstra could also lend a hand,
that would be fantastic.

Matt could probably tell us more about this, but I believe he may need
some media and other Fedora materials. Matt?

[As for me, any trip to Oregon would have to include a side trip to
Corvallis if for no other reason to see the OSU Open Source Lab, but I
believe Corvallis and Portland are about 100 miles apart, or possibly
more.]

Larry Cafiero

PS to David Nalley -- Cult? Where do I sign up? :-)