[Ambassadors] Ambassadors list

Frank Murphy frankly3d at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 16:32:47 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-09-13 at 18:15 +0200, Francesco Ugolini wrote:
> 2008/9/13 inode0 <inode0 at gmail.com>:

> I agree with you, meanwhile there are certain discussions that need to
> be taken in a place with Ambassadors, just because are only
> Ambassadors related:

I'm sure this could be accommodated somehow.

> - Budget: Event Owners and Members of Ambassadors Account System Group
> can ask for this and discuss about it. To plan this one is necessary
> the opinion of those people. How we could filter comment made by
> Ambassadors with the other made by list followers?

I can understand concern(s) here,
is it not possible to create email aliases,
eg. johndoe at ambassador.fedoraproject.org
Could be filtered with a wildcard *@amb

but as someone has lives in a country awash with brown envelopes.
The *budget per say should be open and frank (no relation) as per.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/SteeringCommittee/Budget

> - Policy: if we make a vote to change some important policies (like in
> the past), How can we understand who has the right to vote or not?

as above

> I agree that during the event organization process is necessary the
> participation of all the community, but there are still closed issues
> that must discussed by Ambassadors, just because those are stuff for
> Ambassadors (like code is for Fedora Developers).

true, but all users(1) can make suggestions through the various methods,
if x,y,z can be implemented in the code.

> I know it could sound strange but we could find a different solution,
> maybe using Marketing list to discuss with the whole community (not
> only Fedora ones) about events. It's quite simple and one of the it
> would fit the marketing side of an Event.

I actually see some overlap between the two.
Both are in the biz of promoting Fedora

Frank

(1) Some basic knowledge required.

--
gpg id EB547226 Revoked Forgot Password :(
aMSN: Frankly3D