[Ambassadors] EVENT REPORT: Linux Demo Day, Charleston, SC

David Nalley david at gnsa.us
Sun Sep 14 21:25:41 UTC 2008

I traveled to Charleston, SC this morning to represent Fedora at the
Linux Demo Day put on by Charleston SC LUG.
I arrived just after noon and they had a table setup for me. I put
media, business cards, my laptop setup with an xguest account, and an
OLPC XO. The event was geared at people who weren't familiar with
Linux. About 60 people showed up. Charleston's LUG is relatively new,
and this was their first event. They seemed very pleased. I handed
about 30 LiveCDs out and talked with a number of Fedora. In addition I
spoke to 2-3 people who were intrigued with contributing to Fedora in
one way or another. I'll be following up with these individuals.