[Ambassadors] Software for Creating New fonts for Linux

Rahul Bhalerao b.rahul.pm at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 13:18:34 UTC 2008

2008/9/16 Rishikesh Sharma <rishikesh at fedoraproject.org>:
> Hi All,
>
> I want to create a new font and i don't know any open source linux software
> to create fonts. I would like to create a font for linux in my script that
> is called "Meitei Mayek", a traditional manipuri script. Please guide me how
> to create new fonts so that i can contribute fonst in my script "Meitei
> Mayek" for fedora.

You can use "fontforge" for creating the font. It has good
documentation and tutorial on font development here
http://fontforge.sourceforge.net/ .
"Meitei Mayek" character set is not yet encoded in the Unicode (in
case you don't know about encoding standards, you may refer
www.unicode.org), but even creating a font without encoding is a good
starting step to get the activities going up for the script.

--
Rahul.
http://b.rahul.pm.googlepages.com/home