[Ambassadors] Ambassadors list

Rashadul Islam irashadul at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 13:50:48 UTC 2008

+ 1 Max Spevack

I have  a short  proposal to the FAMSCo:

Archives are like a library: but it should have two parts:
a) Public
b) Reserve

a) Public: Basic Informations, Event reports and nessesary tools
b) Reserve: Budget issue, Related security issue, and Planning

Public part should always be open to the whole Fedora community.  But,
reserve part should have proper access only to those who really needs it.

------------------------EOF-------------------------

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 8:46 AM, Max Spevack <mspevack at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 13 Sep 2008, Francesco Ugolini wrote:
>
>  Could it be a benefit? You have to give me the answer.
>>

> If I were a member of FAMSCo, here is how I would approach my job:
>
> (1) Are ambassadors worldwide finding it relatively easy to organize and
> event, put on the event, and then report the results of the event? Solicit
> feedback often, hold people accountable for event reports and the "process"
> around budgeting, but also be flexible and alter the process when the
> general Ambassador community speaks.
>
> (2) GOTO (1).
>
> (3) On other questions of policy, like mailing lists, listen to the
> opinions of everyone, and then make what FAMSCo thinks is the best decision,
> explain why in public, and move on.  If people don't like the decisions or
> leadership of FAMSCo, they will make that clear when the next election cycle
> comes.  :)  It is similar to the Fedora Board -- they listen to the
> arguments and discussions, but ultimately they make the calls on what they
> think is best.  Also, if the Fedora Board disagrees with a decision that
> FAMSCo is making, I am sure that someone from the Board will weigh in and
> try to encourage FAMSCo to think/discuss further.
>
> (4) Metrics.  How are we growing worldwide.  How do we encourage our best
> Ambassadors to further grow Fedora in their regions?  How do we continue to
> convert new people that we meet at events and through Ambassadors into
> contributors.  How do we *measure* this?
>
> Personally, I think FAMSCo is doing a good job of growing Ambassadors,
> giving some formal process to the way events are organized, and making sure
> that people all over the world are involved.  It is a difficult job, and
> FAMSCo's leadership, like almost all of us, is run by volunteers.  We're all
> on the same team, and let's continue to work together.
>
> --Max

Rashadul Islam
Fedora Ambassador
Canada/Montreal
GPG Key 5557BFAC
Finger Print 3869 732D FC43 92B4 2805 85DD C072 0238 4C74 3A69