[Ambassadors] NA Ambassadors Meeting 2008-09-03 Meeting Summary

David Nalley david at gnsa.us
Thu Sep 18 16:34:24 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 12:16 PM, Clint Savage <herlo1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 6:46 AM, Max Spevack <mspevack at redhat.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, 8 Sep 2008, inode0 wrote:
>>
>>>  + Media: Final price quote of $0.576 each for 3000 pieces including
>>>   media, printing, sleeves. While this is a fantastic price some are
>>>   concerned about media not being a line item in the budget when it
>>>   consumes so much of the quarterly budget and might exceed the volume
>>>   necessary for the quarter.
>>
>> North America, or any region of the world, is *perfectly welcome* to make it
>> a line item in the budget if it makes it easier for the Ambassadors and
>> leadership in that region to manage the money.
>>
>> Head to the FAMSCo budget page, and modify the amounts for your region to
>> indicate specific money for media, and we're all set.  As long as the
>> numbers all add up to the right final amount, you won't get any complaints
>> from me.
>>
>> I view my role as being very simple, from a budget management perspective --
>> simply to (a) make sure the Community Architecture team (which provides
>> FAMSCo with its budget) does not go over budget, and (b) to make sure that
>> the Ambassadors on the ground have the resources that they need.
>>
>> So feel free to tweak the numbers, or re-allocate the North American budget
>> in a way that makes more sense for NA leadership and Ambassadors.
>>
>> --Max
>>

> So what this basically means to me is that we need to talk with the
> people we'd be pulling money from (Event Owners mostly) and reallocate
> it toward Media.  The question I have is if we should attempt to do
> this for Q3 or just start the process for Q4.  Timing is a big issue,
> as I'd like to get media out within 2-3 weeks after the release.

Well I plan to push almost all of my allocated money to media - sans
around 100 at the moment. -though I am also thinking about temporary
tattoos, but that can wait, media is more important in my opinion.
I'd like to see us get one run of live media for f10 out really close
to the release date. New budget comes in on 12/1 which hopefully will
let us finish ordering runs of media for other archs and install
media.