[Ambassadors] NA Ambassadors Meeting 2008-09-03 Meeting Summary

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Thu Sep 18 16:38:48 UTC 2008

On Thu, 18 Sep 2008, Clint Savage wrote:

> So what this basically means to me is that we need to talk with the
> people we'd be pulling money from (Event Owners mostly) and reallocate
> it toward Media.  The question I have is if we should attempt to do
> this for Q3 or just start the process for Q4.  Timing is a big issue,
> as I'd like to get media out within 2-3 weeks after the release.

Well, current GA is Nov 18... it's going to be a lot easier for us to
find some "extra" budget in Q3 (which ends on Nov 30) because it looks
like FUDCon Brno is going to come in under budget.

You're going to get 1,000 CDs for about $600, so we should probably
start looking at ways to set aside some of the extra FUDCon Brno money
to subsidize media production, and if the release slips to December, we
figure out a way to get that money "out" before the budget vaporizes at
the end of the quarter.

Also note that in the Community Architecture budget planning for next
year (starting March 1), we hope to have separate line items for Media
(CDs, USBs, etc.) in order to help give more sanity to this budgeting
process.

--Max