[Ambassadors] Regarding Advertisement of Fedora on TV

Larry Cafiero larry.cafiero at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 04:55:41 UTC 2008

2008/9/21 Juan M. Rodriguez <nushio at gmail.com>:

> About a year ago (might've been months, Internet "news" are classified as
> "ancient" if older than 6 hours) there was a huge discussion on /. regarding
> a penguin in a F1 Formula Car. It costed several millions, was tiny, and the
> driver crashed the car.

That was last year (2007) at Indianapolis -- there was an effort to
sponsor one of the cars that raised about $20,000, and that got Tux on
the nose and sides of the car (since the team was unsponsored going
into the race). The driver, Roberto Moreno, crashed after 30 laps or
so and finished last.

There is a definite advantage to promoting Fedora (or Linux or
whatever) through mass media channels. I disagree when Juan says that
"youtube is enough."

Larry Cafiero