[Ambassadors] need your help to organize a local event for Fedora

Francesco Ugolini fugolini at fedoraproject.org
Sat Sep 27 09:40:00 UTC 2008

2008/9/26 Hamada Zahera <hamada.zahera at yahoo.com>:
> Hello Fedorans
> I'm hamada zahera, one of Fedora Ambassadors. we are going to organize an
> event for fedora to students at my university.This event is to inform
> students more information about Fedora project,relation between Fedora and
> redhat,spread out Fedora and it includes live install for Fedora,it's also
> scheduled for celebration for Software freedom day 2008.

Your idea sounds good, I'm sure

> I'm asking if it's possible to get some gifts for students (e.g Fedora
> CD/DVD , T-shirts)
> need your quick reply

Actually the current quarter budget is closed.

I suggest you the following, costless or really cheap activities:

- Use your computer to build a F9 LiveUSB station.
- Print some poster you can find in the Art section of fedoraproject.org
- Burn some CDs/DVDs and give them to whoever can't afford a good
internet connection or other solutions.
- Make some cool activities at the booth: e.g. Show some key Fedora
features, Tell people about some cool case studies (seneca college,
NASA etc.)
- Mix all those things in the Fedora style :)

These are small things, but if you mix them all together you'll be
able to hold a perfect event, and, stay sure, people will love Fedora.

Hoping it could help you. If you have other questions, problems and so
on, feel free to ask here.

Best regards

Francesco Ugolini

I invite you, next time, to add your event in [1] one month before the
quarter budget will be closed (see [2]). I'm sure we could help you
with some resources.

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/SteeringCommittee/Budget