[Ambassadors] The lack of quality video drivers is destroying Fedora.

Robert Chambers wizardforhire at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 18:40:15 UTC 2008

Hello

I would agree with Shambo that Fedora needs more Nvidia and ATI drivers.
Relying on other repositories like rpm.livna.org to maintain kernal
compliant drivers is a problem we should easily overcome.  I have had
problems trying to compile my own.

Thanks
Robert Chambers

2008/9/29 Shambo Bose <shambo.linux at gmail.com>

> Hello
>
> The nvidia and ATI grahics drivers are freely available from their website
> .
> So, why can't we add them to yum repository. If there is any roblem we can
> add them to a secondary non-free yum repository.
>
> I have also faced some questions from fedora users in my locality that :
> why mp3 music and some video formats cannot be played out of the box ?
>

> Thanks.
>
> Shambo Bose

Erma Bombeck  - "Never have more children than you have car windows."