[Ambassadors] The lack of quality video drivers is destroying Fedora.

Avi Alkalay avibrazil at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 04:03:17 UTC 2008

I don't think Fedora must change. I like its principles the way they are.

I just think the community should create easy to use repos to distribute
these closed source software.

I also think that is quite violent to ask users to stop asking about these
proprietary SW. There are no viable alternatives right now.
If somebody asks for MS Office, I would suggest them to use OOo because it
is viable. But as far as I know, the open source video drivers for nVidia
are not very viable. For those, the proprietary is the mainstream now, and
the open source version is the promise for the future. In a while, I hope,
the proprietary ones will be the secondary option.

Regards,
Avi

http://avi.alkalay.net/blog