[Ambassadors] Fedora DVD's

Tue Sep 30 06:07:05 UTC 2008

Jay Bhatt wrote:

> Im Jay and im  trying to spred the fedora in some area's of
> gujarat/india where fedora is not reached yet.

Nilesh has also been trying to reach out to a larger prospect of Fedora
users. It would be good if you coordinate and strengthen the FreeMedia
Program in Gujarat.

> This distribution is widly base so ill be needing more then 200 DVD's
> cuz im targeting more then 4 Collages with multiple students.

If you are targeting colleges, it is best to hold some kind of an
install fest at a college since that gets a number of students together.
Your returns would be far better compared to giving out 200 DVDs. In
fact, you can try out a liveusb-station at a college and show students
how to create Live USBs. That would end up serving the purpose of
getting them involved rather than merely having them receive a DVD.

> And i have also plan to prepare the documentation to distribute with
> CD's. Im also planing to conduct a saminar in the collages.
> It's a vary wide distribution so if one of you are interested in my this
> effort then please contribute in this.

I think it would be a nice idea for you to hop on to #fedora-india on
irc.freenode.net one of these days. It is as good a place as any to talk
about plans and break them down into small tasks which can then be
measured for impact and result.