[Ambassadors] The lack of quality video drivers is destroying Fedora.

Shambo Bose shambo.linux at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 10:41:53 UTC 2008

Hi,
I will answer your questions one by one .

[i] The problem faced by different fedora desktop users are different media
format incompatibility , some of them cannot enable the the compiz effects
due to lack of 3d accelerated video driver support . These are the basic
features a Desktop user wants.
[ii] Nothing can be done or rather nothing should be done as it might hurt
the free spirit of Fedora.

[ iii] Basic desktop users are switching to pirated closed source software.
And I think piracy not only hurts the proprietors of closed source software
but also open source software projects as they get the pirated software for
free.