[Ambassadors] Re: the microcosm

Alex lxmaier at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 12:40:13 UTC 2009

Hey, thanks so much for reaching out Troy!

Did you have a chance to check out the "Fedora Ambassadors" page?
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors

If not, let me tell you in a few words what we do. We go to all sorts
of places and events where we can meet people and educate them about
the value of open source software and get them involved in the
community--be it as users or contributors.

There are a few resources already available, such as standard
presentation decks you can adapt for yourself, and some posters and
signs you can print.

Recently, we launched the Ambassador Kits, which include all the
essentials that a starting Ambassador can use to begin evangelizing
Fedora...

There is so much out there, I have a hard time picking stuff to list here.

I am copying the Fedora Ambassadors list, to which I encourage you to
subscribe and use the energy and know-how of thousands of Ambassadors
all around the world to help you promote Fedora.

Please let me know if you have more questions/ideas/etc--I will be glad to help!

Cheers,
Alex

--
AMaier Art and Photography