[Ambassadors] Campus Ambassador Presentation: Introduction to Infrastructure

Adam Miller maxamillion at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 16:32:56 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 11:13 AM, Max Spevack <mspevack at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Apr 2009, Adam Miller wrote:
>
>> Last Wednesday I gave a presentation on campus to our computer science
>> department student organization over the Fedora Infrastructure and I have
>> finally created time to sit down and do a write up.
>>
>> http://pseudogen.blogspot.com/2009/04/campus-ambassador-presentation.html
>
> Thanks for writing this up, and thanks for giving the talk.  Did anyone come
> up to you afterward and express interest either in using Fedora, or
> contributing to Fedora?
>
> --Max

There were already a few Fedora users in the audience as a result of
my last talk I gave to them, and I did end up with a couple people
asking questions about contributing. I gave information in my talk on
Fedora Account System on how to get started and told them to feel free
to email me with any questions and that I would be more than willing
to help them get started but unfortunately I haven't heard from them.

I did however have one person who is a systems administrator for a
company in a nearby town who said he wanted to offer up some bandwidth
and host a fedora mirror so I gave him the relevant information on how
to go about that and again offered my email address if assistance was
needed, but I haven't heard from him so he was either successful or
didn't get anywhere with it.

I am planning another talk to the same student organization about
creating your own custom spin, basically an overview of kickstart
files, the livecd-tools, and then at the end a quick run through of
Revisor. I assume many of the same (and hopefully many new) attendees
will be there so I should be able to touch base and check on statuses
of different people.

-Adam

--
http://maxamillion.googlepages.com