[Ambassadors] comments invited.

sunil datta sunil_prog at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 5 06:02:37 UTC 2009

Hi to all,

The fedora project is running for such a long period but I don't understand why nobody figured out that free media program need some updates / corrections. I would suggest the following :

1) The free media group member should be given the facility to select the locations which he/she can serve, with at least one mandatory location, which will be the location where he/she is residing.

2) There should be an automated system which will send the details of the person requesting for free media to the free media provider, if the free media provider and the person requesting for free media are located in the same state or if the requester comes under the location opted by the member. I don't think everyone will be able to spend time in searching for the person belonging to their state or comes under the location opted by them.

3) If the free media group member is inactive for two months or if he is not processing the request of his location, a reminder should be send to him, and if the free media group member still does not respond within 1 month of reminder, his membership should be suspended.

Without the above said features/options, freemedia group member is same as inactive fedora ambassador. This is what I think.

comments awaited.

sunil datta