[Ambassadors] Fedora for Linux Newbies

Jason Benedict Low jbenedictlow at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 08:01:38 UTC 2009

Frank Murphy (Frankly3D) wrote:
> I have occasionally seen it said,
> that Fedora should not be installed for
> people, who have never come across Linux before.
> I believe this to be an urban myth.
>
> I have recently @Feb-March installed it to a laptop,
> for someone who was exactly that, never heard of Linux.
> He had a proprietry version of 2000 installed,
> which was refusing to boot.
>
> I suggested Fedora 10 to him, showed him my Laptop.
> He was sold, has only called me once since.
> How to copy photos over.
+1
I did the same to my pal whom is not educated and not that aware of PC,
a lorry driver. He is good in navigating with the handphone thus
thinking he can try out computer <as in the way of handphone> but
realized he is lost in other OS windows environment and also poor man
like him cannot afford all expensive commercial licenses and etc. That
is where Fedora 10 + LXDE being introduced to him, an hour of
familiarize the UI with him, now he is happy and have no issue - he
comment that the "Add/Remove Software" is good, he just need that to
find software :-)

> He is now telling his local pub friends, of Fedora Linux.
>
> If you don't try, you will never know.
+1

--
Best Regards,