[Ambassadors] Fedora for Linux Newbies

Neville A. Cross nacross at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 17:39:41 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 2:01 AM, Jason Benedict Low
<jbenedictlow at gmail.com> wrote:

> Frank Murphy (Frankly3D) wrote:
>>
>> I have occasionally seen it said,
>> that Fedora should not be installed for
>> people, who have never come across Linux before.
>> I believe this to be an urban myth.

I felt that I can not go around telling people to use Fedora if in my
house there are non-Fedora machines. I set up my wife laptop with
fedora, and she is a Dentist. I also set up my mom's pc with fedora.
She is 68, a retired business manager. Both are happy, as I make sure
that everything is working for them. Most people criticize Linux as
difficult to use because of installation and set up, but most computer
user are just that: Users. They are not technicians, they can't
install any OS or do any repairs, they relay in other people skills.
BUt what really matters is that Fedora is easy to use.

--
Neville
Linux User # 473217