[Ambassadors] Proper marketing

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 09:39:29 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-04-12 at 14:48 +0530, Aveek Sen wrote:
> Hi !,
>
> I feel there are a few issues to be tackled:
>
> 1. In India, there are hardly any press releases of Fedora. In the
> weekly technical & computing columns of dailies, there are almost no
> entries mentioning Fedora. Even other distros have low exposure,
> except Ubuntu.

Okay.. I agree with this one.. I haven't really seen much of fedora in
Mags etc.. But that's in India, can ambassadors from other countries
please fill in about this?

> 2. Linux search page of Google is not listed in its more sites..

I reaally wonder if we can we do anything about this one?

> 3.There could be some university interaction forum( like Sun's OSUM )
> & certain teach yourself kit distributions like Sun does for its Sun
> Clubs.

Regarding the OSUMS, Atleast what we have here at MIT Manipal is pretty
much a waste. They've conducted no workshops etc at all of importance.
The LUG here is more active than the SUN club.. If some sort of
University interaction is planned, we need to make sure it doesn't go
down the drain..

> 4. Low marketing that vernacular support is there in Linux for free.
> Andhra Pradesh in India could be a huge market.

I can't say much on this one since I haven't really followed
localization..

> Thanks,
> Aveek,
> NIT Agartala.