[Ambassadors] Re: Fedora-ambassadors-list Digest, Vol 44, Issue 10

Francesco Ugolini francesco at ephisia.org
Mon Apr 13 14:14:05 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 2:46 PM, Aveek Sen <aveeksn at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. Contacting national dailies like Times of India, Telegraph, The
> Hindu, etc. & giving out press releases & information on GNU/Linux.

I just wrote about this issue. If you want to do things like this
there is an interesting initiative
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_news_distribution_network.
See if there are responsible and, if yes, ask them to add those one in
the hindi section.

> 2.Mass marketing the regional language support for small businesses &
> home use like Microsoft does. Giving out advertisements is a must.

Microsoft has million dollars to do this. We use a cost-efficent and
effective activity with Ambassadors, that are covering events
everywhere. I'm sure more event we join and more visible we will
became.

> 3.Having tutorial DVD distributions for budding coders & bug trackers
> on the lines of the Sun starter packs.

I invite you, if you are interest in this, starting planning such
initiative, maybe contacting people innvolved in the development and
QA of Fedora.

Hope to have given all the answer needed.

Regards

Francesco