[Ambassadors] Invitation for FAmSCo meeting for APAC.

Nathan Thomas nthomas at emersion.com.au
Mon Apr 27 01:18:01 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-04-26 at 19:48 -0400, David Ramsey wrote:

> Deepest respect for the updates.  :)
>
> > While it is not intended for India only, the availability issue is
> with other famsco members who are in different time zones.
> >
> > Francesco said he can make it to 1200-1300UTC if needed, but before
> that, it may not be possible.
> > I guess this will be fine as the last timing will be 11PM for
> Auckland.
>
> Understood about the schedule.  :)
>
> > What's say?
>
> UTC-time                                            Auckland
> Tokyo             Singapore
> Wednesday, April 29, 2009 at 12:00:00    Midnight Wed-Thu    Wed 9:00
> PM   Wed 8:00 PM
> Wednesday, April 29, 2009 at 13:00:00    Thu 1:00 AM           Wed
> 10:00 PM  Wed 9:00 PM
>
> > Also, I am not seeing mails from the other folks if they are
> attending or not.

Hello all,

I'm brand-new to the list, this is my first message. It's my normal
habit to lurk for a couple of weeks in a new mailing list before joining
in discussions; but I don't think I'll have time for that in this
instance.
I'm in Eastern Australia (Melbourne), and these times put the meeting at
either 10pm or 11pm for me.  I'm afraid I have existing plans on the
evening in question, but may be home in time to join the meeting if it
is at UTC1300.

Silly question from the newbie, but how would we be meeting? Would this
be held in an IRC channel?

Regards to all,

Nathan