[Ambassadors] Invitation for FAmSCo meeting for APAC.

David Ramsey diamond_ramsey at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 27 06:02:18 UTC 2009

Subject: RE: [Ambassadors] Invitation for FAmSCo meeting for APAC.
From: nthomas at emersion.com.au
To: fedora-ambassadors-list at redhat.com
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 11:18:01 +1000

On Sun, 2009-04-26 at 19:48 -0400, David Ramsey wrote:

    Deepest respect for the updates.  :)

    > While it is not intended for India only, the availability issue is with other famsco members who are in different time zones.
    >
    > Francesco said he can make it to 1200-1300UTC if needed, but before that, it may not be possible.
    > I guess this will be fine as the last timing will be 11PM for Auckland.

    Understood about the schedule.  :)

    > What's say?

    UTC-time                                            Auckland                Tokyo             Singapore
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 at 12:00:00    Midnight Wed-Thu    Wed 9:00 PM   Wed 8:00 PM
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 at 13:00:00    Thu 1:00 AM           Wed 10:00 PM  Wed 9:00 PM

    > Also, I am not seeing mails from the other folks if they are attending or not.

Hello Everyone,

Sorry, I think I was looking at the wrong date.  :)

UTC-time                                         Melbourne         Tokyo              Singapore
Thursday, April 30, 2009 at 12:00:00    Thu 10:00 PM    Thu 9:00 PM     Thu 8:00 PM
Thursday, April 30, 2009 at 13:00:00    Thu 11:00 PM    Thu 10:00 PM    Thu 9:00 PM

> I'm brand-new to the list, this is my first message. It's my normal habit to lurk for a couple of weeks in a new mailing list before joining in discussions; but I don't think I'll have time for that in this instance.
> I'm in Eastern Australia (Melbourne), and these times put the meeting at either 10pm or 11pm for me.  I'm afraid I have existing plans on the evening in question, but may be home in time to join the meeting if it is at UTC1300.

> Silly question from the newbie, but how would we be meeting?  Would this be held in an IRC channel?

Yes, I think so but I guess that we will find out.  There is a base line agenda for this meeting by Susmit as follows:

1) What FAmSCo can do for your region?
2) What kind of FAmSCo do you want?
3) What are the areas of the project you will suggest improvements?

Some thoughts in my mind as food for thought.  :)

* May be our area APAC, could help the work done at -

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Classroom

* Update our own Wiki Pages with relevant information that is referenced by our people.

* Plan and/or get help in planning an event -

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents

* May be we could learn from the following on our our "Fedora Ambassadors - Ambassador Kit" -

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassador_Kit

* Lastly, amongst my Fedora 10 DVDs being distributed, I am venturing into giving "Fedora Buttons" as well as "Fedora Pens" and soon wearing Fedora Ambassador Polo Shirts during our distributions.  I have a great vendor for clothing, whom I will share my results with you.  :)

Please have a great day!  :~)

Thank You
Sincerely
=-=-=-=-=