[Ambassadors] FAmNA Meeting Summary from 2009-08-04

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 04:10:57 UTC 2009

* Announcements

   - F11 media is shipping out to regional ambassadors now

   - The FreeMedia program needs your help!

     The FreeMedia program desperately needs more volunteers and requests
     that ambassadors and others please consider helping us out on a regular
     basis by sending out a couple of DVDs each month

     http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Distribution/FreeMedia

* Events [https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents]

   - Red Hat Summit

     Everything is going swell, we have almost all our needed supplies

     Paul is finishing up the live image each attendee will get on a usb stick

     Sign up here if you are attending and haven't yet

       https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Red_Hat_Summit_2009

     Fedora dinner approved

   - Ohio Linux Fest

     Sign up here

       https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ohio_Linux_Fest_2009

     [ inode0 injects the comment here that it is very important for ]
     [ ambassadors to sign up on the wiki for the events they attend ]
     [ as it is both a record of our work and an indicator of the    ]
     [ interest and involvement we have with each event              ]

* Budget Review [https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/NA/Budget]

   - inode0 mentions that sponsorship of the New Mexico GNU/Linux Fest
     has been taken care of now

     dthomasdigital fills us all in on some of the plans and makes some
     big announcements! <--- this is supposed to tempt you to read the
     meeting minutes

   - inode0 proposes that we sponsor the Utah Open Source Conference either
     with remaining Q2 funds or if that isn't possible with Q3 funds and
     this is approved after herlo explains in some detail what is happening
     this year at UTOSC

       http://2009.utosc.com

   - Retractable banners & Posters

     VileGent completed getting two large retractable banners ready to go
     and now someone just needs to buy them (it turns out these are a bit
     too large to fit inside event boxes)

     VileGent is also working on getting artwork based on the four foundations
     ready to create posters that will fit inside the event boxes to be printed
     locally

     We thank VileGent for all this work

* Tasks [https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/NA/Tasks]

   - pcalarco inquired about running another batch of ambassador polos, a call
     will go out soon to get some more ambassadors in Fedora blue polos

     Some discussion of the idea of producing Fedora button down shirts was
     intermingled, many like the idea but they don't need to be ambassador
     specific

   - inode0 proposed in general terms the plan for awarding a trip to FUDcon
     to one North American Campus Ambassador this fall

     after some discussion the general plan was agreed to and inode0 will
     follow-up with a detailed description for release as soon as possible

* Open Floor

   - No discussion

I would again like to thank all the participants, especially the new
ambassadors joining us for the first time tonight.