[Ambassadors] Re: Fedora Ambassadors Wiki

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Thu Aug 6 08:57:37 UTC 2009

> Time for a reminder - Ambassadors we have the chance to really get something
> done within Fedora-Community![1]
> Recently joined a lot of new Candidates who stated to be Experts in Frameworks
> like TurboGears and fit in Web-Scripting and Programming.[2]
> Here is your chance to bring Ambassador into our new Fedora-Community-Portal
> build on Moksha.[3]

I want a map in Fedora-Community where I can click on it to set my
location, and let's say, give a short description about me that will
appear when someone clicks on my marker (with maybe a link to my wiki
page for more informations). Oh, and that wouldn't be for Ambassadors
only but for all contributors :)

Next release of shomyu [1] will have most of what is needed for that:
- migration to TurboGears2 (not really needed, but that will provide
great stuff for the future)
- full JS APIs to integrate the shomyu map in any existing web page
(currently shomyu has its own built-in web page), this is the core of
integrating it in Fedora-Community.

What will still be needed after that is integration with FAS (yes,
that's not a little patch :)

If one of those "new Candidates who stated to be Experts in Frameworks
like TurboGears and fit in Web-Scripting and Programming" wants to
give me a hand, I'll gladly welcome new contributors.

Best regards,

[1] https://fedorahosted.org/shomyu