[Ambassadors] Who are the Regional Co-Ordinators?

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Mon Aug 24 12:20:28 UTC 2009

On Sat, 22 Aug 2009, Leonard Adjei wrote:

> So what is being done to help Fedora have a stronger presence in
> Africa. I mean it seems there's little being done on the sub-regional
> level for West Africa
>
> Are there any plans, schedules or time lines being adhered to or its
> about every ambassador for himself?

I'll write more about this in greater detail in the future, but my
assessment is that we have quite a bit of energy in Egypt (in particular
Cairo), and I'd love to help our Ambassadors there organize a Fedora
Activity Day, or a mid-to-large-size event somewhere in the next 6-9
months.

In general, FAMSCO needs guidance from the local Ambassadors as to what
events offer good opportunities, or as to whether it's possible to get
together a group of students at a University, etc. for some Fedora
talks.

It's not "every ambassador for themselves" but we do rely on local
Ambassadors to figure out what sort of strategy might make sense for
their region, and write about it to the list.

--Max